The other day I saw a picture posted of some jelly woks made using some straws. Hmmm I thought, what’s better than jelly worms? Jelly worms made of gin obviously.
These are really easy to make so long as you buy quite big straws, unlike my tiny thin ones, an evening trying to blow gin jelly out of a tiny straw made me very nearly pass out. Luckily this made me discover that you can actually just squeeze the worms out.
I opted for multi colour ones with some edible glitter in, just because I fancied something a bit jazzy as they were going to be going into a cocktail.
- half of 135g pack red jelly cubes
- half of 135g pack green jelly cubes
- 200ml boiling water
- 360ml gin
- edible glitter optional
- elastic band
- tall glass
- Put your red jelly cubes in a microwavable bowl with 100ml boiling water and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Add the gin and stir well.
- Gather up your straws in a bundle, pull the scrunch bit to extend them all, secure with the band and stand them up tightly in the glass.
- Carefully pour in your gin jelly mixture half way up then put in the fridge for an hour to chill.
- Do the same with the green jelly but add a bit of edible glitter too then pour it into the straws to top up. return to the fridge until set.
- To release the straws you can squeeze the jelly out from top to bottom.