The first sunny weekend in weeks has been glorious, clear skies and warmth on my face as I clear away the dried leaves from the garden has nudged my tastebuds into craving salads. Celeriac is still going strong in the garden and this quick salad makes a potent accompaniment to some hearty burgers, steak or cold cuts.
- half a celeriac, peeled and turned into matchstick size pieces (I use my V-slicer mandolin)
- 1 tablespoon hot English mustard
- 2 tablespoons nutty rapeseed oil (I use Cotswold Gold)
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon blue poppy seeds
- 1 capful orange blossom extract
- salt and pepper
Put the celeriac into a bowl. Mix together the remaining ingredients and add to the celeriac, combine well, leave to infuse of about 10 minutes.